Sunday, April 26, 2009

First In Flight - Payton does Florida

So when my dad came to me late last December and said that I could use the timeshare in Orlando Florida this April I was ecstatic!  Now mentally I knew that Payton would be with me on this trip to Florida, but I don't think I really understood what traveling with a two and a half month old would entail. 

I'll first preface this post by saying that we had a really nice time in Florida.  My friend Apryll and her one year old daughter Arianna spent the week with us, and two of my sister-in-laws      -Adjoa & Wendy- came down for a few days, but my original conception of the trip was very different from how the trip actually played out.  You see, the old Danielle vacationed like this ... board an airplane, arrive at sunny destination, change into bathing suit, head to pool - have a poolside cocktail, go out to dinner, nightclub and then repeat-repeat-repeat until it's time to go home!  

Ohhhh how things have changed.  Now don't get me wrong, I knew that I wouldn't be going out to nightclubs and "partying it up,"  but I don't think I really really understood that I wouldn't really be vacationing.  Just the preparation alone for this trip took weeks.  Purchasing and washing all of Payton's summer clothes, making sure that once we got to Florida we had car seats and strollers, storing information on local hospitals (just in case), whole foods and babies-r-us, can a two month old wear sun block ... oh, the list goes on and on!  I don't want to bore you with all the details, but just trust that there was a lot of pre-trip legwork.  

I think the part of the trip that made me the most nervous was flying.  All in all it wasn't so bad.  Payton slept through the entire flight.  She woke as we were taxing to the gate ... hooray!  The worst part was probably having to carry our carryon bag and Payton, but thank goodness for the BabyBjorn!  Once we got to Orlando it wasn't straight to the pool for us, instead we had to pick up the rental car, install carseats, take a trip to whole foods to stock up on food/snacks/diapers/wipes etc. for the week, check into the resort, unpack, head back out to target to pick up formula, find some dinner to take back to the resort because we didn't feel like cooking at that point, eat dinner and then pass out!!  And that was just day one!

We spent some time at the kiddy pool

We did manage to make it to the pool a few times.  Payton finally got to wear her Burberry bathing suit that her Aunt Wendy purchased when I was four months pregnant.  While in Orlando we also ate out at a few really nice restaurants.  Apryll and I took the girls to Magic Kingdom.  I think Payton slept through most of Disney, but she went on a few rides anyway and we came home with a personalized Minnie Mouse hat!  We did go to church on Easter Sunday and Payton and Arianna met and had pictures taken with the Easter Bunny.  

Payton and The Easter Bunny

We had beautiful weather on all but one day.  I didn't get much sleep or much of a tan, but it was just nice to have a change of scenery ... to be out of Jersey for a little while in a warmer environment.  I was happy to be able to share this experience with Apryll, Arianna, Adjoa and Wendy.


Easter Lunch

Payton does Disney ... I'm sure we'll be back, but maybe we'll wait till she's at least five years old before our next visit!!  


























welcome to Orlando




this footage is shaky because i was holding payton and taping at the same time

No comments: