Time sure does fly when you're having fun - changing endless amounts of diapers - consoling a crying newborn - feeding a newborn - cuddling with a newborn - playing with a newborn - dressing up a newborn ... you get the idea! I am beginning to get the hang of things though. For instance ... right now Payton is asleep on my lap while I quickly type up this blog. I've also begun to master the art of doing things with one hand (so that I can hold Payton in the other arm) - this includes everything from eating to brushing my hair and sending email. Mothers are an amazing bunch and since becoming one of them, I can now say with confidence that being a mother may give one the innate capability to do anything!! Before having Payton I would have never pulled a bugger out of someone's nose or smelt someone's behind to see if they'd made a number two or simply passed a little gas. I would have never been relieved to hear someone burp, or let it slide if they spit-up all over my favorite shirt. This motherhood thing is a whole new animal ... and I'm lovin it!
*sidebar - Please someone ask me how I'm doing 12 years from now when she's hit puberty and is driving me crazy!!!
So today is March 30 and it may seem hard to believe, but baby Payton is already two months old! She's an exceptional baby if I may say so myself (toot toot ... that's me tooting my own horn!). She's very happy and alert ... and has the ability to put a smile on anyone's face. Even mean old Mr. Butch (my parent's 14 year old dog) can't help but feel protective over Pay Pay (yup, she already has several nicknames). This little girl is such a joy and Kwame and I feel truly blessed to have her as the newest member of our family. Enough from me though ... I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking ...
hanging out with my good friend Kennedi
relaxing in my swing
rub a dub dub!
me and uncle matty me and my mom
play time!
two months old today!!
in living color
till next time (hopefully sometime in April) ... dani
1 comment:
thanks for the payton update! she is the cutest and we loved seeing her new photos. btw-i shop for maggie at target, old navy, carters, kohls and sometimes gap. i also love consignment and rummage sale shopping!!
Post a Comment