Monday, December 15, 2008

Shower Time

Last Saturday two of my very best girlfriends and my sister-in-law hosted a fabulous baby shower for baby boateng and I at my mother-in-law's house.  I enjoyed every moment of the festivities ... the friends, the food, the games, the cute little baby presents, the non-alcoholic punch.  It was truly an experience that I'll never forget!

If I'd known that a baby shower could be this much fun I wouldn't have missed the first one that was held in my honor almost 28 years ago.  For those of you who may not know ... I was born on the day of my shower -January 25th 1981- which coincidentally was also Super Bowl Sunday XV.  I don't know how I could've let that happen ... maybe I was trying to make it out in time to catch the score, but I doubt it (even I had to laugh as I typed that last thought).  Anyway, I missed the whole thing!  So I think it's safe to say that baby boateng is already a step ahead of her mother.  She was smart enough to know that you don't miss a party when it's being held in her honor!

thanks again ... we had a lovely time!  
Danielle & Payton

our lovely hostesses - Morgan, Adjoa & Christa


Me and my friend Kim.  We are going to be mommies together.  Her little girl is due in March.


Tiffany, Tayla & Mom ... I think I see Maggie in the background!


Nikki measuring my belly during one of the shower games.














































time to open the gifts ...






Me and Sherry 


The Cake!!

Thanks so much to everyone who made our shower special.  Thanks also to those who wanted to be there but couldn't, and to those who sent lovely gifts to the house.  Much Love!  

No comments: