Monday, November 3, 2008

A Stroll Down Memory Lane ...

This year marks the centennial anniversary of my alma mater James Madison University ... it also marks my five year college reunion!  These past five years have gone so quickly and although I was so anxious to graduate just a few short years ago ... this year I found myself feeling a bit nostalgic for dear old JMU and decided to take the trip down memory lane.  So last Friday my college roommate Christa and I hopped in the Pathfinder and headed south for Harrisonburg VA.

Once in "the burg" we met up with one of our other roommates - Shellee - and thus began our weekend of catching up and reminiscing.  One of the highlights of the trip was stopping by our old townhouse.  It was a pleasant surprise to see that our townhouse development hadn't really changed at all ...


    Christa, Shellee and I in front of our old Townhouse #357
Our crew wasn't quite complete because we were missing our fourth roommate Amanda 
who wasn't able to make the trip with us this year.

Now, while we were in school JMU football was always up and down ... well apparently this year they are UP!  The team is undefeated and yes, we won our homecoming football game against Delaware.  The game was sold out so we were unable to get tickets, but they did open the gates somewhere between the third and fourth quarter.  Final score ... JMU 41/Delaware 7

the crowd went wild ... DUUUUUKES!

It felt good to be back on campus ... the weather was perfect for strolling past some of our old haunts.  A lot has changed over the past five years.  JMU seems to be growing by leaps and bounds.  There are some new dorms going up along with another dining facility.  The campus has expanded across South Main Street where they are building a new Performing Arts Center among other things. Throughout the weekend we ran into quite a few of our former classmates ... and Baby Boateng and I were in good company.  There were a handful of other soon to moms on campus.

Congratulations Leslie and Baby Nate

I picked up a few little things from the JMU bookstore for Baby Boateng.  Yes, she will be a fan of the Duke Dog!  We also attended the annual Homecoming Step Show and the Contemporary Gospel Singers Concert.  But the trip would not have been complete without a couple of trips to Sheetz for late night snacks and window shopping at Valley Mall so we did that too.  For those of you who know Harrisonburg ... the mall still sucks, but they have added an Old Navy and Target.   

All in all our trip back to JMU was a good time.  Once every five years seems to be a reasonable commitment ... see you in 2013 JMU!

Wilson Hall


1 comment:

Beth Pritchard said...

Danielle, I think I see your baby belly! So cute! You look great :-)

It seems like you have a great time down memory lane. How wonderful!